Saturday, December 6, 2014

Each day is a lesson learned and it is hard to say goodbye

Owens photojournalism class at Bittersweet Farms (Photo by Lori King)
  I cannot believe that the semester is already over.  It seems like yesterday I was walking into class wondering what the semester was going to hold for me. 
  All of the students in the class were apart of the Outlook.  It was great to go from a staff of five to having a staff of more than ten.
  Being the Editor in Chief of the Owens Outlook, I felt that I was under more pressure to succeed in the photojournalism class.  It felt weird to me to think that Lori King was the advisor of the Outlook and my teacher at the same time. 
  There was so much information in one semester.  I do not know where to begin.  Understanding the rights to the media was a very importing lesson.  I know how to protect myself if something would arise.
  The class really makes you step out of your comfort zone.  I have always been a very outgoing person but there were times that I was hesitant to interview people for my assignments.   
  I wish that we would have been able to learn a little more about the writing aspect of photojournalism.  I understand that it was more about the pictures but most journalist do it all.  I wish that Owens had a journalist class that I could take to improve my writing skills more.
  At first, it was very challenging to blog.  I have never had a blog before.  We also had to be more social media savvy.  I only had a Facebook page so adding a blog, Twitter and Instagram account was a social media overloud.         
  Know, I feel more confident in my writing skills.  I have learned to reread over my articles multiple times.  Even though I did not like the idea of having a blog, I have grown to love it.  I like to be able to express myself and let others see my pictures.  I hope to keep up with the blog even though I am done with the class.  
  So much happened this semester.  Owens sent some of the staff to Philadelphia to attend a national convention were information was flowing everywhere.  I met great new people that if it was not for this class or the Outlook, I would never have had that chance.  The Outlook website looks fabulous.  The school is starting to see what we are all about.  I am very proud of everyone that a part of the staff of the Owens Outlook this semester.  We are one big happy family!  
  Lori and I work well as a team.  She is one of the greatest people that I have met in my life along with Diane Larson!  In the end I am happy that I took the class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment